Intermediate After Effects: Broadening Your Horizon, Deepening your skills
Instructor: Jen Domeierdates to come. email education [at] 911media.org if you'd like to be placed on a waiting list.
Members Price: $300
Non Members Price: $360
Tuition includes book: After Effects Apprentice by Trish & Chris Meyer.
Now that you are a whiz at compositing layers, animating and applying effects in Adobe After Effects it's time to dig into specific areas and continue to gain fluency in this mighty box o' tools, picking up where Beginning After Effects left off.
- 3D in After Effects: Learn how to set up a 3D environment in AE, how to manipulate cameras, lights, shadows and use the multiple views features.
- Emphasize dramatic moments by adding time effects to your footage and time animation to music.
- Smooth out your handheld camera footage with Motion Stabilization. Learn how to use Motion Tracking to change or attach elements to your footage.
- Create organic motion relationships with Basic Expressions: Learn to apply attributes from one effect to another using basic expressions with no need for scripting knowledge.
- Learn the Puppet Tool, making characters walk and flow with your music. Expand your graphics potentials with Shape Layers
Pre-Requisites: Beginning After Effects or equivalent experience. (absolutely must be fluent in basic keyframing). Class Limit: 8
Jen Domeier is a fanatic about the visual medium in an artistic and political sense. This mad passion began when she was trained as a lighting designer in theater and worked in a few night clubs as a sound engineer. Later in life, she became a Digital Video Research Specialist at Adobe Systems and stuck with it for many years, serving as the Support Lead for Adobe After Effects and Adobe Encore DVD. During the famous WTO protests in Seattle, she helped the Indymedia center as a videographer, capturing many colorful interviews and depictions of the art and creativity on the streets. Jen followed the Animation program at the Art Institute of Seattle and eventually went to work as a Production Art Lead for Screenlife Games, the makers of the DVD Trivia games, Sceneit? Now she is breaking into the VJ world with her transformative visuals. She has a passion for teaching and helping students explore the things they love. http://www.dryadspool.com